MEAM.Design - IPD 501 - CHECK
Schedule & Requirements
|Feb 17, 4:30 p.m.
||The project begins
|Feb 22, 4:30 p.m.
|Mar 3, 4:30 p.m.
||Submit parts for anodizing
Before the concept review, you will need to do the following:
- Divide into three groups of four, and decide on your team's collective style/theme.
- As a group, design the pawns for your side of the board (be sure to document this process).
- Keeping with the theme, Individually design one other piece (decide as a group who will do what, and document the design process).
- Be prepared to discuss your theme, as well as the progression of the designs.
Then you will have the remainder of the project time to refine your designs and cut all of the parts.
TL-1 setup pictures can be found here
Note the following:
- We will pre-set right and left-handed carbide turning/facing tools, and a part-off tool.
The tool table can be found here, you must download it and install it just like the previous table.
- A member of the teaching staff must be present when you are cutting your parts.
- We will be using 1", 1-1/8", and 1-1/4" diameter aluminum stock held in an 8" chuck. The maximum allowable spindle speed will be 1500 RPM.
- To allow for post machining (mill, secondary manual lathe ops), you may want to leave a short section at a standard diameter for insertion into a collet.
- The parts will be sent out for anodizing after they are all completed. The anodizers ask that you have a 1/4-20 threaded hole somewhere on each part.
- Adhesive felt is available in the lab for you to cover the base of the parts.