Th J12: Assigned
Tu J17: PDR, SolidCAM training
Th J19: CDR, CAM reviews begin, Machining begins
Tu J31: Due
Th F02: Canvas Reflection Due
Use SolidWorks, SolidCAM, and the MiniMill to create some desk candy!
1. Completed desk candy.
*Cutting time will be scheduled in 4 hour time slots. Scheduling coming soon!
- You must have a maximum simulated cutting time of 3 hours.
- You are responsible for squaring up stock and making requisite fixturing (other than the provided fixture plate) before your machining slot.
- Anodization will be available as a finishing process. For anodizing, the parts must be aluminum only (pressed in steel pins or other materials will ruin your part) and must have a 1/4-20 hole tapped in them.
Below is dedicated 501 stock. Other stock is subject to availability and speaking with Pete. All stock is 6061-T6 aluminum.
- Bar: 1.5" x 4" , 2" x 4.5"
- Rod: 2.5", 3.5"
- The Haas will be pre-configured with a steel fixture located against a stop in the vice, with the X-Y zero set as indicated here. The part Z-zero should be set to the top of the fixture.
- 6-32x1.25" Alloy Steel fasteners will be provided to attach your part to the fixture plate.
- The tools listed in the tool table will be loaded into the toolchanger, all zeroed to the top of the fixture.
- The Candy tool table can be found here.