Th J12: Assigned
Tu J17: Due
Th J19: Canvas Reflection Due
Fully design and machine a vise stop that is compatible with the vises and mills in the shop.
1. Complete and functional vise stop.
2. Engineering drawings of each custom part. Must be fully dimensioned including GD+T.
3. Complete bill of materials including columns for part, unit cost, quantity, total cost, and source.
- We encourage you to move beyond the standard design found in the shop. Consider functionality and how the standard design could be improved or completely redesigned.
- The components listed below will be provided for your use.
- All parts should be manufacturable using the machines at Penn available to you as a 201 student.
- Work permits must be submitted for all machined parts.
- If additional tools are needed to operate the vise stop, they should be standard tools found in the shop.
- Your vise stop will be evaluated based on function, stability, design aesthetics, machining quality, and the overall process/workflow.
- 3/8"x1/2" Steel Stock, 3/8"x3/8" Steel Stock
- Dowel Rods: 3/16" Diameter by 1" , 1-1/4", and 1-1/2".
- Springs: .25" OD, .17" Compressed Length and .24" OD, .19" Compressed Length.
- Screws: 10-32 x 1".
- Scrap metal (i.e. Steel) stock found in the shop.
- All fasteners in the MiniStore and any springs found in the PACE assortment.