1. Select Chamfer from the features toolbar. A box will appear to enter parameters:
2. Edge: Select the edge or edges to which you want to apply the chamfer. The Edge box will display the number of selected edges.
3. Offsets: Enter the distance/angle you would like to make the chamfer.
- Symmetric: Cuts an equal distance into each plane (45 degree angle).
- Asymmetric: Allows you to specify the distance cut into each connecting plane.
- Offset and Angle: Allows you to specify the cut into one plane and the angle at which to cut.
- Measure: Allows you to set start and end points of the chamfer.
- Formula: Allows you to reference other dimensions within your part.
- Function: Allows you do calculate a distance using a set function and an input number.
- Reference: Allows you to chamfer an edge up to another pre-existing plane.
- Make Constant: Resets Distance box to allow for manual input.
4. Settings: Leave offset method as the default selection.
5. Preview: Checking the preview box draws lines on the faces that will be cut.
6. Click Apply to finish one chamfer and add another. OR click Ok to finish the chamfer and exit the chamfer feature.